Kelly and Tim are both firearms enthusiasts and believe in our Second Amendment Constitutional right to bear arms. As such, they offer an estate planning tool to help their clients protect their firearms by holding them in an NFA Firearms Trust (aka “Gun Trust”). This highly specialized revocable living trust may be just the tool for you if you…
- have firearms that you want to leave to certain people, like children or grandchildren;
- do not want your firearms disclosed as part of your probate estate;
- want to legally avoid future transfer tax when NFA-regulated firearms pass to your beneficiaries;
- want to make sure that your firearms are handled and cared for properly should you become incapacitated; and
- want to make sure that your firearms are held in trust after you’re gone.